Страницы

понедельник, 12 октября 2015 г.

Money doesn’t bring happiness!

What I also like about my life is freedom. I wish I had appreciated it before, when I got married in my 22. As any girl, I had always dreamt about a prince charming. And I thought I had found one. My ex-husband was handsome, intelligent and rich. He said there was no need for me to work, so all day long I was swimming in the pool, drinking cocktails and thinking about our happy future. I could get almost anything I wanted – a luxurious dress from Dior, a yacht on my birthday or spend a weekend in the Maldives. But this fairy-tale didn’t last long. I got bored of this artificial paradise. My husband treated me like a toy: he always told me what to do or what to wear. He controlled me as if I were just a girl he paid for and not his equal partner.


 Finally, when I got pregnant, he left me without a penny. But now I say thank you, John, because without your awful attitude to me I’d never become a person I am today! I don’t ask permission to go out. I don’t have to apologize if I accidently break a cup because we don’t buy expensive ones. I work, so when I lend money, I don’t feel embarrassed – I can always give it back. I owe nothing to anybody! Even the President! By the way, we’re going to visit the White House this week. I’ve already submitted a tour request, having read the instructions here https://www.whitehouse.gov/participate/tours-and-events. And it’s all for free! Danny’s gonna love it!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий